Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 13 of 31 Days of Lor-cipes, My Christmas Gift to You



Like you, I want to serve nutritious, tasty meals every evening. But during this crazy-busy month, that isn't always easy. That's why I rely heavily on my trusty crock pot, and oh, what a delicious relief, at the end of a deadline day, to put that tasty supper on the table!

I'd like to share that mood and that food with you, so I'm sharing family-tested favorite recipes in the hope you'll experience those same blessed sensations. Try this one, and if you like it, post a photo on my Facebook author's page, and I'll add your name to my Santa hat so you can win a prize basket (a $100 value) filled with New Year's fun.

It's early. There's plenty of time to hunt down these ingredients and put this on the supper table, tonight:

December 13: Loree's Pork Chop Dinner

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 bone-in pork loin chops
1-10 ounce can condensed cream of broccoli soup
1-4 ounce can diced mushrooms, drained
¼ cup spicy brown mustard
¼ cup chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried basil
6 red potatoes, unpeeled and sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

Directions:

Heat butter and oil in large skillet.
Brown pork chops on both sides and set aside
Spray slow cooker with Pam
Combine soup, mushrooms, mustard, broth, and spices in slow cooker
Add potatoes and onion, stirring to coat
Arrange pork chops on top of potato mixture
Cover and cook on LOW 10-12 hours
Sprinkle with parsley and serve with green vegetables and rolls!

No comments: