The purpose of this blog is YOU, my readers and writing buddies. The Lough Down is where you can come, any time, to ask questions about...whatever writing-related topic you can think up!
After today, I won't post a bunch of personal stuff; that'd be inappropriate, since this is YOUR place. But for those of you who haven't heard from me in a while, here's a brief update:
Thankfully, after several years of illness (and adjusting to the loss of my closest friend), I'm writing full time again. The family is happy and healthy, and even my neurotic formerly-abused dog has adjusted to his new life. My 'to do' list is longer than it's ever been....
- I've pulled out all my old fiction files and, one by one, I'm updating each (four are with my agent, who is talking 'contract' with various editors);
- nonfiction ideas are now full-fledged proposals under consideration at several publishing houses;
- I'm part of the Writer's Digest faculty, teaching fiction and nonfiction online (www.writersonlineworkshops.com) ;
- my one-day workshop is about to be unveiled (dates and location to be announced very soon);
- my web site is undergoing a major rehaul (if you have time to visit www.loreelough.com, let me know what you like and dislike. The person with the most suggestion(s) will win a copy of my latest release);
- I'll be a guest speaker at numerous writers' conferences in 2006 (hope to see you at one of them!).
There's more, but I don't want to be responsible for the big goose-egg you'll get when boredom causes you to nod off and thump your head on your desk.
So that's it for today. I'll check back soon to see what questions you'll have about writing, marketing, the publishing industry, etc.
Take care until then!
All my best,